Due to internal promotion, an international business is offering an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Workshop Technician to join their team. This role would suit a College leaver with a mechanical/technical qualification, or a candidate with a desire to learn a trade and looking to take their first steps into a Workshop Technician role.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Technician:
- Maintain an efficient and safe workshop and test area environment.
- Use the analysis of returned damaged products to diagnose potential system issues.
- Produce technical reports for returned damaged products together with a solution for the most economic repair.
- Offer technical support to customers via telephone and email.
- Develop detailed knowledge of part numbers for the range.
- React quickly to support distributors and customers when required.
As your knowledge develops, you’ll be providing more technical support in these areas:
- Analysis of returned products leading to suggestions of system improvement.
- Answering questions regarding how the product works and how it fits together.
- Training customers and colleagues in specific product and system design.
- Designing and running test programs.
- Assisting with the production of specialist manuals.
- Providing ‘on the ground support’ at the installation for repair as well as system analysis.
- Modifying stock products to satisfy specific requirements.
Key skills required:
- Some technical ability with mechanical systems and competence with hand tools.
- Knowledge of electric motors or rotating equipment would be ideal.
- Good mathematical knowledge – able to use very simple equations and conversion of units of measure.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical and logical approach to work.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good telephone skills when communicating with customers.
This is a fabulous opportunity to build a career in a friendly business where everyone works together to achieve common targets and goals!
The business offers a smart, professional working environment and excellent benefits including 24 days holiday plus BH, free onsite parking, enhanced pension, employee bonus scheme, employee health checks, 4 x life cover, long service and loyalty incentives, Christmas shutdown, and company social events.
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: CS320
Salary: £20000.00 - £21000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP