Trainee Workshop Technician
- £19000 - £21000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent benefits package
Due to internal promotion, an international business is offering an exciting new opportunity for a Trainee Workshop Technician to join their team. This role would suit a college leaver with a mechanical/technical qualification, or a candidate with a desire to learn a trade and looking to take their first steps into a Workshop Technician role.
Responsibilities of the Workshop Technician:
- Maintain an efficient and safe workshop and test area environment.
- Use the analysis of returned damaged products to diagnose potential system issues.
- Produce technical reports for returned damaged products together with a solution for the most economic repair.
- Offer technical support to customers via telephone and email.
- Develop detailed knowledge of part numbers for the range.
- React quickly to support distributors and customers when required.
As your knowledge develops, you’ll be providing more technical support in these areas:
- Analysis of returned products leading to suggestions of system improvement.
- Answering questions regarding how the product works and how it fits together.
- Training customers and colleagues in specific product and system design.
- Designing and running test programs.
- Assisting with the production of specialist manuals.
- Providing ‘on the ground support’ at the installation for repair as well as system analysis.
- Modifying stock products to satisfy specific requirements.
Key skills required:
- Some technical ability with mechanical systems and competence with hand tools.
- Knowledge of electric motors or rotating equipment would be ideal.
- Good mathematical knowledge – able to use very simple equations and conversion of units of measure.
- Attention to detail.
- Methodical and logical approach to work.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good telephone skills when communicating with customers.
This is a fabulous opportunity to build a career in a friendly business where everyone works together to achieve common targets and goals!
The business offers a smart, professional working environment and excellent benefits including 24 days holiday plus BH, free onsite parking, enhanced pension, employee bonus scheme, employee health checks, 4 x Life Cover, long service and loyalty incentives, Christmas shutdown, and company social events.