An exciting new part time opportunity for an experienced Payroll Officer to undertake a fixed term contract processing multiple payrolls. We are looking for a candidate who can be flexible as this position will be working about 75% of full-time hours, with more of those hours being worked around payroll deadlines.
The role of Payroll Officer is an integral part of the HR team, reporting into the Head of HR. The Payroll Officer position will be processing five separate UK pay runs whilst also dealing with pension scheme administration. You will be required to solely process all aspects of the payroll working to latest relevant legislation, maintaining a high level of service and confidentiality at all times.
Duties will include:
- Preparing and processing the end-to-end monthly payrolls
- Collating salary changes and overtime throughout the month
- Inputting those changes to the payroll system, including joiners and leavers ready for submission to the payroll bureau for final processing and running to BACS
- Preparing manual calculations, payroll reconciliation where necessary
- Submitting furlough claims on the HMRC portal
- Taking ownership of all payroll related queries and their resolution
- Communicating and building relationships with other departments to assist with the resolution of payroll queries
- P11d preparation and submission.
- Owning the pension process, building a relationship with the company’s pension provider
- Using the portal to enrol employees, upload and make changes when required
- Taking responsibility for pension communications to employees and dealing with pension related queries.
- Adhering to dates as determined by The Pension Regulator, such as re-declaration of compliance
- Uploading the monthly pension contributions via the portal.
Experience and attributes needed:
- Strong communication skills, friendly and personable yet confident approach
- Good attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- A problem solver who will seek help if needed
- Team player who would fit well in an HR environment
- Previous experience of working with multiple payrolls
- Good knowledge of statutory payments (SSP, SMP etc), furlough scheme and confident in manual calculations
Job Reference: CS264
Salary: £30000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Job Industry: Human Resources