Part Time Pay, Benefits and Rewards Officer
An exciting new part time opportunity for an HR Officer with Pay, Rewards & Benefits experience to undertake a 12 month fixed term contract. The role will support the Employee Experience Manager, and Group Head of HR to drive strategic initiatives around pay, reward, benefits, and compensation.
We are looking for a candidate who can be flexible, as this position will be working about 75% of full-time hours, with more of those hours being worked around payroll deadlines. There is also an option to work school hours, Monday to Friday, or full days Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The role of Pay, Rewards and Benefits Officer is an integral part of the HR team, and the position will be processing several UK pay runs whilst also dealing with pension scheme administration. You will process all aspects of the payroll working to latest relevant legislation, always maintaining a high level of service and confidentiality.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and processing the end-to-end monthly payrolls
- Collating salary changes and overtime throughout the month
- Inputting those changes to the payroll system, including joiners and leavers ready for submission to the payroll bureau for final processing and running to BACS
- Preparing manual calculations, payroll reconciliation where necessary
- Taking ownership of all payroll related queries and their resolution
- Communicating and building relationships with other departments to assist with the resolution of payroll queries
- P11d preparation and submission.
- Owning the pension process, building a relationship with the company’s pension provider
- Using the portal to enrol employees, upload and make changes when required
- Taking responsibility for pension communications to employees and dealing with pension related queries.
- Adhering to dates as determined by The Pension Regulator, such as re-declaration of compliance
- Uploading the monthly pension contributions via the portal.
- Participation in job grading workstream, to get ready for gender pay and equal pay reporting
- Involvement in reporting, analysis and communications around gender pay/equal pay
- Assisting Employee Experience Manager and Group Head of HR in analysing market trends and upcoming benefits, exploring and scoping possibility for fully flexible benefits platform
- Involvement in industry salary review, providing data, support and commentary to Group Head of HR to enable Gama to maintain a competitive edge
- Assisting with drafting Bonus scheme for Remco approval
- Assisting in driving forward Reward initiatives, scoping out framework, and getting involved in employee communications
- Supporting Group Head of HR when LTIPs or Share options are issued
Experience and attributes needed:
- Strong communication skills, friendly and personable yet confident approach
- Good attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills
- A problem solver who will seek help if needed
- Team player who would fit well in an HR environment
- Previous experience of working with multiple payrolls
- Good knowledge of statutory payments (SSP, SMP etc), furlough scheme and confident in manual calculations
Data Protection Statement: The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.