A brand new Assistant Company Secretary role has arisen reporting to the Group Legal Counsel/Company Secretary of a multinational Plc. This is a Part Time position, working 2.5 days a week, and we’re looking for a qualified Company Secretary with experience working in a corporate environment. The successful candidate will have a strong background in company secretarial functions working within corporate compliance requirements, rules and legislation.
- Preparing and facilitating the scheduled Board meetings/calls.
- Providing guidance and assistance to the legal team and company Directors as required.
- Convening and servicing annual general meetings (AGMs).
- Communicating meeting action points to relevant individuals, working closely with executives to ensure actions are delivered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Providing legal, financial and/or strategic assistance during and outside of meetings.
- Working with Non-Executive Directors, providing professional, prompt support and information.
- Training directors and members of the senior leadership team on corporate governance matters.
- Keeping up to date with any regulatory or statutory changes and policies that might affect the Group companies.
- Ensuring that Company policies are up to date and work closely with the legal team and the corporate compliance officer as necessary in that regard.
- Providing support to the Board or other committees of the Board on specific projects.
- Acting as a point of contact and building good relationships with shareholders, Share Registrar, Nomad and external legal counsel.
- Implementing processes or systems to help ensure good management of the organisation.
- Writing reports and collating information.
- Administering share option schemes and share issues.
- Building strong working relationships with other departments.
- Keeping abreast of best practice.
Desired skills and attributes:
- 8+ years’ company secretarial experience at Board level ideally in a Plc environment.
- ICSA qualified.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, flexible, with the ability to prioritise.
- Professional communication skills both written and verbal to Board level.
- Excellent minute taking skills.
- Good commercial and business acumen.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures ideally with QCA compliance experience.
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment to provide you work-finding services. In providing this service to you, you consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database for up to three years and consent to us transferring your personal details to our clients. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: CS280
Salary: £35 - £40 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Start Date: ASAP