An established consultancy based near Fleet, is offering an experienced Accounts Assistant the opportunity to work 20 hours a week, spread across 4 or 5 days. The business can be flexible, and the hours agreed could fit around school hours if desired. The role works closely with the Head of Operations and works in conjunction with the Finance Director, who has a part time role within the business.
We are looking for a confident, disciplined accounts professional who is familiar with using online systems and portals and has experience using a CRM such as Salesforce. This role would suit someone who ideally has experience of working in a small team, and within the parameters of specific client projects.
Key functions of the role will include:
- Set up suppliers in Sage and process invoices in a variety of currencies.
- Process payments using a portal and send batches to Head of Operations for approval.
- Daily download from online credit card facilities for expenses incurred by employees.
- Match associates’ expense receipts to invoices.
- Credit card transaction reconciliation at month end.
- On a monthly basis, match all employee expenses to receipts, inclusive of cash expenses incurred.
VAT and EC Sales
- Quarterly VAT and EC Sales returns completed using Sage and submitted to HMRC.
- Collect all relevant documentation relating to each project including PO’s as required.
- Raise invoices in line with specific terms agreed with the client.
- Submit invoices using the client’s preferred method, which is often using an electronic portal.
- Certificate of residence to be requested in relevant countries.
- Credit control function, liaising with client depts and internally with consultants.
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a weekly basis to ensure reports are available to the FD for weekly team meetings.
- Maintain cash forecast spreadsheet.
- Accruals and pre-payments, including values for carried revenue and project related expenses.
- Reconciliation for key nominal codes.
- CNYI/INYC reconciliation with CRM.
- Month end accounts to be produced, transferring Sage data to in-house reporting package.
- Assisting external auditors at year end.
- Assisting FD as needed.
- Communicate to external accountants with reference to P11D/PSA filing.
- Manage HMRC requirements as needed.
- Filing official statistics.
- Filing tax documents with US authorities as needed.
- Ad hoc work, analysis and reporting.
The role is being offered for 20 hours a week working over a minimum of 4 days a week for business continuity. Good benefits offered, including a company pension contribution of 5%, rising to 8% if an employee contributes 3%. Health cover scheme and Life Assurance of up to 4 x salary.