A 12 month contract has arisen in the European HQ of an expanding global business. This role will support the Business Intelligence Manager with the development, implementation and maintenance of the Power BI platform and reporting framework within EMEA.
The MI Analyst role will be key to driving informed decision making by providing data analytics in the form of market performance reports, translating new business requirements into relevant visuals, and supporting performance reporting for specific business needs and strategies.
Responsibilities of the MI Analyst will include:
- Providing report validation and testing, and cross-checking datasets to ensure report accuracy and completeness.
- Writing reports in Power BI and converting existing reports from the existing Cognos BI platform.
- Providing individual user training within EMEA to support roll out.
- Developing ‘how-to’ training materials, including the creation of video clips for users to follow.
- Providing an initial contact point for data queries and analysis requests from the Sales teams.
- Developing a Change Management ticket process for user enhancement requests.
- Preparing regular and standardised MI reporting including month end report generation, scheduling pack preparation and weekly PMM generation.
- Providing timely analysis and accurate reporting on actual and projected sales and share performance for all levels of EMEA Management.
- Preparing reporting packs to support weekly calls, monthly scheduling meetings and bi-monthly reviews.
- Supporting internal projects aimed at enhancing the analysis and reporting capability of the MI department.
The MI Analyst will ideally possess:
- 3-5 years analytical experience in a BI environment.
- Power BI experience is essential, along with strong Excel skills and experience using PowerPoint and other presentation tools.
- Ability to work confidently and efficiently with large and complex data sets.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent numeracy skills.
- Effective analytical skills to interpret and cross-reference multiple sources of information.
- Ability to work proactively and independently to manage role workloads and to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
An excellent benefits package is offered and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Hours are 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm.
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment to provide you work-finding services. In providing this service to you, you consent to your personal data being included on a computerised database for up to three years and consent to us transferring your personal details to our clients. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: CS299
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP