Due to continued success and business growth, our Alton-based client is currently recruiting for an experienced IT Account Manager to provide a single point of contact for a list of accounts, responsible for tasks including quotations within set SLA times, assisting with queries, looking for opportunities to maximise deal size.
The successful candidate will work to a financial target as well as KPIs geared towards a high level of accuracy and ensuring requests are turned around in a timely fashion.
- To provide a high level of customer service to Major Accounts as an internal dedicated resource issuing quotations and processing purchase orders as well as completing administrative tasks as and when necessary.
- Drive attendance to specific events/webinars.
- Ensure that the CRM database is up to date with the correct Opportunity status etc.
- Assist and manage renewals business with a view to upsell and cross sell.
- To provide support (both administrative & sales) to allocated external sales team member(s) with the end goal of helping to exceed targets and widen the range of services and solutions offered to customers.
- To own and manage the internal sales operational cycle by liaising with the key stakeholders on behalf of the account manager, in order to ensure smooth running of the sales cycle from preparation to deal completion.
- To develop and maintain strong customer and supplier relationships that enhances and promotes the sales of the business portfolio.
The candidate must be able to develop and understanding of a diverse range of vendor products ensuring that knowledge of features and pricing is up to date. The Account Manager will hold strong internal relationships and use this resource to further enhance the reseller experience of the business. Other primary goals are to increase products bought through the client base, increasing gross margin.
- Responsive and efficient
- Strong communication skills, with good telephone manner
- Commercially aware
- Attention to detail
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Holds strong relationships both internally and externally
- Takes responsibility for personal development with a strong desire to work to and surpass targets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word)
- Ability to problem solve, identifying a client’s needs and responding accordingly
- Self-starter who can motivate themselves and takes a positive approach to sales
- Knowledge of IT Industry is preferable
Salary range is £20-24K + c£4K commission
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: LO173
Salary: £22000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP