A brand new opportunity has arisen for a newly ACA qualified accountant to join an exciting international business based in Farnborough, Hampshire. This role will work closely with the Group Financial Reporting Team in the efficient and timely preparation of the financial reporting deliverables.
Responsibilities of the Group Financial Reporting Accountant include:
- Responsible for separate statutory reporting for 5 of 18 group companies.
- Responsible for key statutory reporting notes and the speed, accuracy, and cadence of their compilation.
- Responsible for impairment testing in terms of IAS 36 across the group.
- Critical member of the team for the Group’s statutory half-year and year-end reporting cycle ensuring business submissions received are materially accurate, produced to deadline and comply with policies and applicable IFRS financial reporting requirements. Deliver a substantial reduction in audit turn-around times through process improvement.
- Responsible for the preparation of the monthly Group consolidated cash flow in the Group’s reporting system, liaising with the systems accountant on improving the system cash flow logic.
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated cash flow forecasts and budgets, working closely with treasury and counterparts in the business.
- Assist with the technical parts of the monthly consolidation such as IFRS 16.
- Assist with the design and implementation of an internal control framework and the related self-assessment, dispensation requests and action plans. Once established, monitor and support the operating effectiveness of this control.
- Responsible for certain routine and non-routine accounting papers ahead of half year and full year reporting. Assist with updating the accounting manual.
Ad hoc project support:
- For M&A and process improvements. Identify and propose improvements and efficiencies in existing processes.
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- Excellent educational background and an ACA qualification.
- A high potential individual who will grow with the organisation and contribute significant value to Group Finance.
- Good understanding of IFRS and FTSE listed reporting process. Sound technical accounting background including IFRS, FRS 101 and FRS 102.
- Used to working in a time pressured environment.
- Experience of Sage and financial reporting systems would be advantageous.
- Good organisation skills and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Skills to liaise effectively with all levels of management and other regional businesses.
- Proven experience in analysing complex issues and making decisions in a timely fashion, balancing priorities effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Well organised, with good attention to detail and high levels of intrinsic motivation that manifests itself in a ‘can do’ attitude and reliable and flexible approach.
- Good problem solver with intellectual curiosity.
- A confident team player with a hunger to learn, with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
A good benefits package is offered including: Pension, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Travel Insurance, Group Health Scheme.