A fabulous opportunity for a junior or experienced Estimator to join an established and dynamic growing team looking to grow their business in the construction industry
The role is office based and will include the appropriate analysis of tender documents, preparing an accurate bill of quantities and submitting conclusive tenders for a wide range of projects.
* To produce competitive estimates on a range of projects, using architectural drawings & tender specifications, in line with the company pricing structure
* Identify and escalate potential project risk to minimise exposure
* Work alongside existing Commercial Team to maintain and report on tender database
* Attend site meetings and make site visits as and when required
* Regularly chase the progress of tenders and continuously develop further leads
* Assist in the production and design of enhanced schemes
Customers & Prospects
* Maintain professional working relationships with customers to maximise new business opportunities, negotiate contracts and manage customer queries
* Use your expert knowledge to help and advise customers on project design and pricing improvements
* Provide a responsive and professional service to customers, dealing promptly with issues arising and escalating as appropriate.
* To estimate and price jobs quickly and accurately
* To be able to manage several projects at any one time
* Support reporting and assessment of contract profitability.
* Proven track record in a similar role.
* Great interpersonal and relationship building skills
* Ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure
* Demonstrate mathematical and analytical skills, with the ability to problem solve
* Great communication and interpersonal skills
* Your attention to detail is key
* IT fluency, particularly in Excel and Estimating software, such as CAD
* Full, clean Driving License
* Reliable, personable and dynamic with a drive to succeed
* Sense of humour
What else do you need to know?
Friendly team working alongside one other Estimator. Hours are 8.30am to 5pm and there is also be a car allowance
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment to provide you work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: ALW289
Salary: £30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: