An opportunity has arisen to join an international business in Farnborough as they continue to expand their teams. The Supervisor role will primarily ensure that both inbound and outbound work is assigned and actioned effectively by the Customer Service team in order to meet SLA’s and to deliver an outstanding level of service to customers.
The UK Customer Services team is available to customers from 8.00am-8.00pm and the Supervisor will work 35 hours a week on a rota basis from 8am to 4pm or 12 to 8pm, across 7 days of the week (working 1 weekend in 4).
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring your team is providing the best possible level of customer service to customers
- Assigning work effectively throughout the day to deal with workload and backlogs to meet the department SLA’s
- Monitor timekeeping and performance across the team, providing feedback and raising any persistent concerns to the management team
- Being visible and actively available to the team
- Resolving customer escalations from the team
- Conducting a concise handover at the end of each shift to the incoming supervisor/team, including current status relating to workload, backlogs and issues
- Supporting the on-boarding of new team members with training and advice and training existing staff on procedures and policies
- Escalating any emergency issues to Ops Management as appropriate
- When time permits, the Supervisor will be expected to assist with the team workload.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous experience of supervising a team, ideally in a contact centre environment but this is not essential
- An excellent phone manner is essential
- Confident IT skills, using spreadsheets and systems to prepare reports and documents
- A problem solver who is able to effectively assess situations, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to set priorities and work to achieve them
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
- Ability to work independently, be flexible and adapt to situations
- Calm in a crisis.
This company offers a modern, friendly environment and a great benefits package including 25 days holiday, birthday lie in, long service awards, free hot drinks and fruit, and lots of other perks!
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: CS328
Salary: Up to £25000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP