If you have a year’s experience as an Accounts Assistant and you’re looking for a fantastic business in which to progress your career, we have a great opportunity for you!
Our busy client is currently recruiting for an ambitious candidate to join their team and benefit from their investment for professional development both in qualifications and hands-on experience, gaining exposure to various areas of a complex financial department.
The successful Accounts Assistant will provide financial and administrative support across a wide variety of tasks and get the chance to expand their skillsets in a supportive environment.
- Ensure sales receipts are allocated correctly against invoices and recorded in Sage
- Daily bank account and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Handle and resolve queries raised by the sales team
- Track invoicing and communicate to relevant stakeholders
- Raising and marking paid direct debit invoices
- Setting up direct debits
- Processing of supplier invoices, setting up bank payments and input to Sage
- Chasing the sales team and clients on missed direct debits and other sales invoices
- Chasing expense receipts, reconciling and posting credit cards
- Responsible for filing and organisation of supplier invoices and bank statements
- Assisting the Assistant Accountant and Head of Finance with any ad hoc duties
- Previous experience of working in a similar position (approx. 1 year)
- Studying towards an accounting qualification (e.g. AAT)
- Knowledge and experience of Sage 50
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with attention to detail
- Able to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a genuine interest and passion for Finance with a flexible and adaptable nature
This business offers a great working environment and a host of good benefits, including the potential for funded accounting studies for the right candidate.
Hours are Mon-Fri, 9-5:30pm
20 days’ holiday
Data Protection Statement
The information that you provide with your application for this position will be used by Venus Recruitment for providing work-finding services. Please refer to our website for our full Privacy Notice.
Job Reference: LO170
Salary: £18000.00 - £20000.00 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP